Friday, December 9, 2011

The Laws To Living Sweetly According To Katy Atlas






If I were asked to choose one word to describe celebrity lifestyle blogger, Katy Atlas, I believe "awe-inspiring" would be befitting.


Considered to be one of those rare, Renaissance Woman cases, Katy has quite the well-rounded resume! 


As a graduate from Princeton and NYU, Katy has utilized her degrees to....wait for iiiiitttt......practice law; write a new young adult novel, "Moving Neutral"; and compose the ever-so-popular blog SUGARLAWS. 


Yes, people, I think we all have the same question. Question being "how does she do it all?" 


If you know me, then you also know that I HAD to ask Katy the question myself, and to my surprise, the answer sounded so simple.


I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Atlas for the second time last night at an event that I threw in her honor, and just as she was the first time I met her, Katy dawned perfect hair, beautiful clothing/accessories, and a smile that could captivate a room. Humble and gracious, Katy was more than willing to provide me with the answers that I HAVE to know in order to grow a successful blog and brand.


Following my many questions, it seemed Katy never tired and remained eager to share her "secrets". Here's what I took from our conversation and feel compelled to share with all of you:


1) Don't lose focus. It takes time for blogs/websites to take off, so remain committed and hopeful to your craft even if you are your only follower.


2) Network. The more people you meet, the more opportunities you have to promote your craft.


3) Genuine and humbled are two key characteristics to success. The moment you meet Katy you feel as though you are with your best friend. You never feel as though you are in the presence of someone who socializes with Patricia Field, Rachel Roy, and countless other celebs.


4) Find time for the things you most admire. If you find yourself passionate about law, blogging, and writing GO FOR IT! As long as there are hours in the day, there is time for what you love. Be that person you've always imagined. Who says you can't? 


Take my advice and follow Katy's blog, purchase her novel, and pursue the things you love! Why, because c' est si bon!


If you have your own Katy Atlas story to share please feel free to tell us about it. Share your comments and leave photos.


-Jamie


Katy's blog:
www.sugarlaws.com



1 comment: