Tuesday, December 13, 2011

chrysantheMUM's the word

As a child, I was fascinated by the story of "Chrysanthemum", the tale of a young mouse who experienced distaste for her name, but eventually learned to love it as she found it provided her with an unparalleled outlook and sense of individuality. 

As an adult, I have held the moral of Chrysanthemum's story to heart and have recently translated my childhood fondness of Mum's inspiring words into a new form; flower arrangements.

Yes, sweet Chrysanthemum has leaped off the pages of a book and into my living room, dining room and bedroom!

In a season full of poinsettias, pine and holly, I relish the opportunities to be unique, much like Chrysanthemum, and spread holiday cheer in a way that speaks to me. Sure, I could decorate with the standard green garland and berries, but why settle for the expected when the unexpected is far more inspiring? 

And with there being more than 30 species of this beautiful flower, you have the ability to incorporate your favorite Chrysanthemum not only through this holiday season, but everyday  throughout the year. Why, because C' Est Si Bon!

                          Here are my favorite holiday and everyday inspired MUM arrangements:







And naturally.....


Do you have a story to share? Feel free to submit photos or comments!

xxoo,

Jamie

2 comments:

  1. "The unexpected is far more inspiring.."
    Love that. Love this book. Love the flower. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, lexi! Mums truly put me in good spirits no matter what time of year it is!

    How is wedding planning coming along? Are you ready to jump the broom? haha

    Hope all is well!

    P.S.- If you like my blog you will love sugarlaws.com by Katie Atlas. She is beyond awesome!

    Miss you!

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete