Wednesday, December 7, 2011

From The Bedroom to the Boardroom




As a twenty-something woman trying to navigate this fast-paced world, I constantly find myself gravitating to items that I feel best serve my life with practicality and ease.

Whether investing in the newest slap-chop device that promises to increase my efficiency in the kitchen or purchasing the perfect handbag that translates from day-to-night (ehem, ehem, Makell Marble Stingray from Elaine Turner), I have bought it all.

So naturally, when New York Magazine made their newest post, "Street Pajamas-Out of the Bedroom And Into the Boulevard" I couldn't help but feel that it was my obligation as a member of the fashion community to spread the ingenious notion of rocking your PJ's all-day-every-day.

Now ladies, surely there are a few of you who are brave enough to sport your favorite silk jammies around town, but before you do, please keep in mind that there a few essential things that you must know before taking the plunge:

1) Not every set of pajamas will do the trick. Stay away from flannels, cottons, fleece....I think you get the picture, and focus on your satins and silks. 

2) Just because you're wearing your favorite pajamas, you don't have an excuse to keep on your favorite house slippers! Swap those suckers out for a sleek stiletto or exotic-skin loafer. The objective is to break up the "pajama" look with a shoe that makes your outfit sizzle.

3) Don't be afraid to explore accessories. For instance, on the pajamas shown above, imagine a skinny, calf-hair leopard belt to cinch the waist, stacked gold bangles, a gold/gemstone necklace with several layers and depending on the time, either a clutch or medium-sized handbag. 

4) Keep your hair simple. Personally, I love the look of the top-knot bun in the above image, a loose braid that cascades down the side of your neck, straight and sleek, or a simple half-up-half down. No need for the Snooki poof here, or well, EVER.

5) Lastly, always remember to wear clean and wrinkle-free pajamas out on the town. The idea is to wear in the bedroom and boardroom, but not directly from one to the other. Hygiene people, hygiene.

I hope you all have fun trying this new fashion trend! As always, I encourage you to take pictures, leave comments and share them on my blog and with your fellow bloginistas. Why? Because C'Est Si Bon!

XXO,

Jamie 


http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionables/pajamas-2011-12/

http://www.elaineturner.com/makell-marble-stingray-large-envelope-clutch/26328-186092

No comments:

Post a Comment